Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Africa Pearls Top Model RUTH OKORO rise to the top....


AGAINST ALL ODDS------ SHE WON THE FIGHT

NOW I LIVE AGAIN!

The darkest day of my life 2003. The day started off good, got to work and started feeling feverish then I headed to the hospital for medical attention. Things got really bad and I was rushed to the ICU then was diagnosed with leukemia. Before I knew what was happening, I had gone from 130 pounds to 400 pounds. I was unconscious for weeks with no idea where I was or what was going on. I lay patiently and innocently as I await my faith.

A trip to the doctor with hopes of returning home in a few hours turned into months with lots of complications and less than 20% chances of surviving. I lost my sense of living, my job, my happiness, my marriage; everything that makes life worth living for was taken away within a twinkle of an eye.
Above it all, I made a choice to fight for my life.

It wasn’t an easy task but thank God for God and my faith in him. I wasn’t going to let cancer get the best of me and lead me to an early grave. I knew that in order to give hope to others I had to be a survivor. It was hard but God saved my life. Through the pains, suffering, emotional distress and the uncertainties of cancer, God gave me a second chance in life, now I live again.
Just when I thought my darkest nights were over, I was told that I may never be able to get pregnant and have children of my own.

Still I kept my head straight hoped and prayed for the best things life has to offer. Now to the Glory of God, I look and feel much better and stronger than ever and more beautiful than I was, with no traces of cancer and 100% chances of being able conceive and have my own children. I decided to share my story to encourage all those going through cancer or have people who are to know that it is not the end of the world or their lives, to also know that after every storm comes peace. I’m a living testimony.

I’m putting the pieces of my life back together and making the best of it. I want you all to know that if I can make it, you can make it too, with faith, hope in God and perseverance. Let my story be a wakeup call to you and a source of inspiration. Do not give up no matter how hard it seems and how long it may take. Your testimony is on the way. God bless you all and thanks for sharing in my story.

Ruth Okoro
To Book Ruth For Speaking Engagement or Hosting an Event email info@africapearls.com or call 301-455-2931

No comments:

Post a Comment